Each semester, Parsons Paris admits a small number of visiting students from other colleges and universities around the world to our study abroad programs. These programs, which offer an opportunity to spend a semester or year exploring art, design, and
fashion in Paris, are designed for recent bachelor’s graduates and undergraduate students who have completed at least one year of college.
Visiting students can take selected courses from our bachelor’s and master's degree programs. Students should check with their home institutions regarding eligibility to transfer Parsons
Note: Students from the New York campus of Parsons and The New School who want to spend a semester or a year at Parsons Paris can learn more on the Parsons New York website.
Students from other universities who want to permanently transfer to Parsons Paris should contact our Admission office.
BFA and BBA Integrated Semester
Visiting students can spend a semester or year integrated into courses alongside Parsons Paris BFA and BBA degree students. Students enroll in a set of classes within their chosen field. Visiting students come from a range of academic backgrounds and
have varying interests in design, art, business, and entrepreneurship. Students must either meet the prerequisites for each course or select courses that do not have any prerequisites.
Visiting students can select from courses in the following programs, subject to availability:
Visit our tuition and fees page to find the current cost of one semester of integrated study at Parsons Paris, for up to 18 credits at the bachelor's level. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for information
about graduate opportunities.
Explore the current Parsons Paris course catalog to find out which courses are available to visiting students.
French Language Instruction
Parsons Paris offers several levels of intensive French language instruction. Visiting students have the option to enroll in one of these 3 credit French courses each semester.
Undergraduate Visiting Student Application Deadlines
Fall semester (late August to mid-December): April 28 priority deadline
Spring semester (late January to mid-May): October 15 priority deadline
Non-EU citizens applying to Parsons Paris must complete their application within ten days after the priority deadline, because of French visa processing timelines. We accept applications from EU citizens after the priority deadline on a rolling basis as long as space is available.
Undergraduate Visiting and Non-degree Student Application Requirements
Submit your visiting student application.
In the application, you will be prompted to upload the following:
- Statement of Purpose (500–750 words, to be uploaded to the online application form) addressing the question: Why are you interested in studying at The New School?
- Unofficial transcripts from all secondary and postsecondary institutions attended, to be uploaded to the online application form. The typical admitted visiting or non-degree student has earned As and Bs at their prior school or university.
- Parsons (all majors except Strategic Design and Management) and Parsons Paris (Fashion Design and Art, Media, and Technology majors): a portfolio consisting of 8 to 12 pieces of work, which may include drawings, paintings, photographs, digital media, or design. Submit your
portfolio as a single PDF through the application form.
- Parsons and Parsons Paris: an interview may be scheduled by the Office of Admission after submission of the application.
- A TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, Duolingo, or Cambridge English score, required for all international applicants and for students whose native language is not English.* Please see the chart below for minimum score requirements. The New School does not require TOEFL, IELTS, PTE,
Duolingo, or Cambridge English scores for applicants who have:
- Attended a secondary school where English is the primary language of instruction for a minimum of four years
- Successfully completed two full semesters of non-ESL college-level expository writing
- Earned a four-year degree from a U.S. college or university or from a university where English is the primary language of instruction (minimum of three years’ attendance)
*Upon review of your application, the Office of Admission may require that you submit an English proficiency test score to allow for further evaluation of your candidacy.
Minimum Score Requirements for Parsons Paris
| TOEFL||92 |
| IELTS||7 |
| PTE||63 |
| Duolingo||115 |
| Cambridge English ||185 |