Immerse yourself in a world of critical analysis and intensive scholarship that will help you change your career path or improve your employment opportunities.
The New School offers unique degree programs specifically designed for students seeking an alternative to the traditional four-year college experience, as well adult career changers. Parsons’ Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree program provides a challenging academic curriculum, a community of design practitioners, internship opportunities and professional development counseling. The Bachelor’s Program for Adults and Transfer Students benefit from The New School’s student success offerings, flexible study options (including part- and full-time study; and online, on-campus, and hybrid options), a curriculum tailored to individual goals, and credit for your work/life experience.
Below, find more information about our bachelor’s and associate’s degree programs. Looking for information about transferring as a undergraduate student? Visit
Transfer Students page to learn more.
Bachelor’s Program for Adults and Transfer Students
Bachelor's and associate degrees for adult students seeking an alternative to the traditional four-year experience
- Option to self-design your degree in the Liberal Arts major
- Transfer up to 84 credits, including credit for college-level learning received from work and life experience
- Study online or on campus, part- or full-time (it is possible to complete a degree entirely online)
- Evening and day classes available
- Receive support from a faculty advisor
- Take advantage of our bachelor's/master's pathway
Learn more about continuing your education in the Bachelor's Program for Adults and Transfer Students
Parsons School of Design
Associate in Applied Science professional programs in communication design, fashion design, fashion marketing and communication, and interior design
- Study part-time or full-time
- Take classes scheduled in the evening for students’ convenience
- Change careers in a focused, professionally-oriented program
Learn more about continuing your education at Parsons
Not sure which program is right for you?
The Office of Admission will help you find the program that suits you by reviewing your education, interests, and academic goals. You can reach our admission counselors by email at
firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 800.292.3040.